Sunday, April 19, 2015

"The Infinity Machine" at the Menil Collection's Byzantine Fresco Chapel



Saw this installation in Houston last weekend, (April 12)
If you are going to be in houston this year i suggest you put it on your "must see" list.  My friend Shannon and I sat there for 45 min taking it in from every angle.  It is mesmerizing and soothing.  It's now my "happy place" when something makes me mad.  The video does not do it justice-you can't really see the scope of the project.  It hangs 28 or 29 ft high and rotates slowly. It is just awesome.  We were hoping that they were
having one of those "guess how many" (mirrors) contests and the winner could take it home. But they weren't.  I was going to go back monday before i left town-I liked it that much, but they are closed mon/tues.
We both said we wanted one and started thinking of how many mirrors we had already in our possession...

No comments: