Saturday, August 03, 2013

Estate Sale Finds

It has been a long time since I have been to an estate sale-When i started the job I had in 2007 I pretty much stopped hitting the estate sales.  I only had saturdays and by then the good stuff is usually gone. I have stopped at a few the past several years, but just ones I saw while driving.  They were pretty much duds. I used to be on a mailing list for one or two and I always knew I would find something if I went to those.
I'm on an email list now-you can sign up here for your area and receive a wkly email alerting you to sales in your area.  Anyway, I happened to notice that there was one this friday over near my mom's house.  I checked out the pictures and saw some cool things-so my husband and I headed over there friday morning.  (a little later than I prefer but that probably saved me a few dollars)  I did manage to find some things that made the time worth it.   We made a second trip back today around noon-found a few more things for 1/2 price.  All in all i spent about $21.  the bulk being an old photo/scrap album for 7.50   This sale made up for all the crummy ones I have been to in the past few years. :)   The little ledger book was just $1-i've never seen one this size so I really couldn't pass it up-
My goodies-old ledgers, rulers, attachment boxes, books, pulley, laundry pins and transparency paper 

two rulers and two extention rulers for a total of $3

love the compass on the back of this one

2 sewing attachment boxes and two laundry pins for $2. total 

detail on old book-will use these covers for an art piece

an old pulley of some sort-nice and rusty

detail of the old red ledger book.  It is very heavy metal

here you see it open and the mechanism-haven't seen one like this before and couldn't pass it up for $2

page in the old album 

1 comment:

Greg said...

That is a ratchet, not a pulley.