Thought i would chronicle a piece of fabric art this week. I was given a wonderful stash of rusty metal pieces
some years ago-chicken wire, old bed springs, barbed wire, misc large pieces of metal-you get the picture. I knew i wanted to use some of the chicken wire on a fabric piece-so I got the base of the piece ready and attached the wire to it. There it sat.
Last week i went through some fabrics to start in on this piece. I knew i wanted a western theme to go with the chicken wire. Reds of course. This is what i gathered to use on the piece.
I then picked my "base" fabrics that the rest of my "collage" and images would be built on.
I then layed out the images to decide on their placement.
After allot of playing around, this is how the piece turned out.
Images layered with burned papers, a suede piece to finish off the top and bottom along with the fringe-because a cowgirl needs a bit of fringe.
And there you have many hours chronicled in these photo's.
I think i'm happy with how it turned out~