Friday, March 30, 2012

Quick Update

 First, my aunt Norma turned 70 on thurs so Happy Birthday to her!  (she is on the left-age 19 and my mom-21)  they were so 60's!  
 Next i've wanted to try some little fabric houses (inspired by pinterest of course) so here is one attempt.  We also worked on these at my last art meeting-i'll add that picture later.   the purple houses are flat-made those for our swap.  I actually started making those in 2007-that type, but put them away for "later."  Later came so I made these.      

 This is a piece I started a year or so ago.  Reclaimed wood, joint compound, paint, rusted metal fence piece and egg images.  I plan to add a bird image sitting on the wire, but just haven't done it yet.  

Finally a snippet of a piece I'm sending to an art call from Seth Apter.     Click on the link to read the specifics.  It's in conjunction with his new book: The Pulse of Mixed Media.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Looking forward to receiving your 5x5 Donna. Glad you decided to submit!