Tuesday, August 02, 2011

New Art

 Sunday was my art meeting-missed the last 4 so it was nice to attend.  Our theme was "crowns" so i made this little wall hanging.  I was happy with the way they turned out. 
close up of the crown


 Remember the carpet tack strips I was working with?  Well here is what i have done with them so far: painted them with watered down acrylic.
Nailed them down to a board-using mostly nails i pulled out of my concrete along w/the strips.  I have a piece of rusted metal that i got
off some ranch land south of here (thanks Greg!)  and Gary and I cut out the heart shape w/the cut-off wheel.   It will now be attached to the colored strips when i figure which direction I want it to sit.  I'll add a quote to it, a hanger and it will be done-total recycled exept for the board it's nailed to! 




1 comment:

tightly wound artist said...

Love the idea, and the colors are perfect with the rusty heart. I could see a story with the nails piercing the heart. Nowaday, every art piece HAS to have a story. You can make one up or have something real to attach to the back. Just a thought. I think you should make more and see what else explodes from this idea.

tightly wound artist